When it comes to the water damage, most of the homeowners are little confused, because they do not know what exactly is covered by their insurance and what are not. The water can ruin your furniture, floors and walls that will cost more money to repair. You can also have other issues too such as mold that can causes severe health problems. Actually, does home insurance cover water damage? The damages from floods will not be covered by the homeowner’s insurance. If you are residing in a flood risk area, you will need to purchase the flood insurance separately. However, this kind of water damage that is covered not as serious, but they still can be a nuisance, if not taken a proper care of.
What kinds of water damage are not covered?
Whether your homeowner’s insurance cover water damage based on the source of water that caused the damage, below are some of the instances in which the homeowner policy will not offer coverage that includes:
- Repair or replacement of the actual source of water damage
- Problems occurring from a flood
- Maintenance problems that have not been attended to
- Damage from unresolved maintenance problems
- Water backup from the outside drain or sewer
- Repairing or replacing the source of water damage