Clothing is the basic necessity of life. It might be an easy task of rejecting a cloth but there is really the very complicated story behind the stage. Sewing clothes is a beautiful art. But this beautiful art is full of complexities. But these complexities are eased by the various tools which are considered as sewing essentials. A fashion designer or a tailor knows very well the importance of such essential equipment. As they facilitate easy sewing of clothes. These essentials are very old in origin and are commonly used for sewing. But it is more effective to maintain a kit containing all the important tools.
In this article we will have a brief overview of essential equipment for sewing. For more information about choosing sewing supplies go to Teach You To Sew.
Important essentials for sewing
There are many tools which are essential for sewing help. These tools are very common and easily available. Following are the important sewing essentials which one must have in the kit.
- Scissors: These are the most basic and essential tool without which sewing is almost impossible. One must always keep a scissor in the sewing kit.
- Hand sewing needles: One of the most important tool. Without it, sewing is incomplete as it is the medium of sewing. One should always keep a packet of hand sewing needles in the kit.
- Threads: Thread is also very important. One should keep some thread of some basic and common color such as black, white, red, green blue etc.
- Thimble: It is a good tool for a kit because it is worn in the middle finger of dominating hand to facilitate thread in the needle.
- Straight pins:
- Machine needles: Machine needles are very important and one should always keep the extra needle in the kit in to avoid the disruption while sewing.
- Seam ripper: It is a key to fixing mistakes irrelevant of the fact that the mistake is big or small.
- Tape measure: One must keep a flexible measuring tape in the kit.
- Fray check: It is a liquid which can be applied for fraying threads.
- 10.Safety pins: Safety pins are very important as they make some sewing tasks easy. Always keep safety pins in the kit and they will prove very helpful.
- 11.Knitting needles: They help in pushing in and out the corners and points.
The important tools mentioned above are very useful for sewing help. They are easily available in the market and even at online shopping sites. One must have all these in the kit.